Looking to get out of the house and spend some time in the sun while summer’s still here? We’ve complied a list of local events you can still look forward to during summer 2020.
- Troy: A Fourth of July parade, concert at Treasure Island Park and fireworks are planned for Troy’s July 4th Independence Day celebration. The parade is to start at 9 a.m., concert at 8 p.m. and fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Tipp City: A Fourth of July celebration will be held in Kyle Park with food trucks serving your favorite food starting 7 p.m. and fireworks to follow at 10 p.m.
- Versailles: The annual Versailles Poultry Days has been rescheduled for the weekend of August 14. This years theme is “Loaded Up & Cluckin” is a salute to all the hard-working drivers, dispatchers and mechanics who keep the freight moving and have contributed to the growth of Versailles.
- Coldwater: The 60th annual Coldwater Community Picnic will be held the weekend of July 30 with some changes to the event as its traditionally held. A reverse raffle will be held via Facebook live and you can still look forward to the buzzards decorating contest, chicken dinners and more.
- St. Henry: While the 2020 St. Henry Picnic has been cancelled, you can still look forward to BBQ chicken dinners, and a one day event on July 4 starting at 1 p.m. Expect live music, food and drinks. Bring a lawn chair with you to town square as seating will not be provided.
- Darke County Fair: This year’s Darke County Fair’s concert has been cancelled, as have open show events. However, the fair will still be held safely and in accordance to guidelines set by the state of Ohio August 21 – 29.
- Miami County Fair: The 2020 Miami County Fair will continue as usual August 14 – 20.
- Mercer County Fair: With some adaptations, the Mercer County Fair will go on through August 14 – 20. You can plan on 4H shows, an auction and camping. However, some of the finer details are still being worked out.
- Auglaize County Fair: Expect rides, vendors and grandstand events. The Auglaize County fair is on for 2020, planned August 2 – 8. Modifications will be in place to help keep social distancing and sanitizing stations will be available throughout the fairgrounds.
Did we miss an event? Let us know. Return to this list as we learn of more events still planned this summer!